Focused on ICD-10 for Mental / Behavioral Health
by Leigh-Ann Renz, 6.23.15, (updated 6.23.15)
Promoting ICD-10 Compliance for Psychiatry, Counselors and Substance Abuse Providers
You may have noticed that we’re all about ICD-10 lately: it’s very important, and the mental / behavioral health industries tend to unfortunately be behind the ICD-10 curve. To help keep you up-to-date and encourage preparation and adoption, we’ve been busy with the following:
- Updated and Revised ICD-10 articles, written from a mental / behavioral health care perspective: check out our ICD / DSM Resource Center for complimentary tools & guides.
- ICD-10 Webinar Series: essentially consultation at a fraction of the typical price, this webinar series presented by Dr. Jason King trains providers on how to pick the correct ICD-10 codes, based on the DSM (webinar registration expired)
- ICD-10 Action Item Series: receive a monthly action item (or items) in your inbox automatically.
July: Reality Check & Testing Resources/Details
June: Test With Your Payers & Focus on Reducing Denials
May: Make Sure Staff Understands & Empower Providers to Begin Dual Coding
April: Schedule Testing & Update Your Practice
March: Update Your Contracts & Start Saving
- Offering a complete electronic DSM-5 in PIMSY EHR, including the ICD-10 codes. Click here to see how PIMSY can help you meet ICD-10 compliance.
- Comprehensive Resources List: see below for a thorough list of ICD-10 resources:
ICD-10 & DSM-5 Consultant Dr. Jason King: email@example.com, 801.960.2177
ICD-10 Consultant Lisette Wright: firstname.lastname@example.org, 651.690.0964
ICD-10 Consultant Vince Joyce: email@example.com, 704.724.5644
More to Come
As we approach the ICD-10 deadline, we’ll continue to provide as many resources for behavioral health and substance abuse providers as we can. To see how PIMSY mental health EHR can help you meet ICD-10 compliance, click below or contact us: 877.334.8512, ext 1 – firstname.lastname@example.org
(Disclaimer: Ultimately, it is the responsibility of each practice to ensure ICD & DSM compliance, including the 10/1/15 ICD-10 transition. PIMSY EMR/SMIS has gathered information from various resources believed to be authorities in their field. However, neither PIMSY EMR/SMIS nor the authors warrant that the information is in every respect accurate and/or complete. PIMSY EMR/SMIS assumes no responsibility for use of the information provided. Neither PIMSY EMR/SMIS nor the authors shall be responsible for, and expressly disclaim liability for, damages of any kind arising out of the use of, reference to, or reliance on, the content of these educational materials. These materials are for informational purposes only. PIMSY EMR/SMIS does not provide medical, legal, financial or other professional advice and readers are encouraged to consult a professional advisor for such advice.)