PIMSY EHR Software MIPS Certification for Enhanced Quality, Efficiency, and Compliance
The Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) is a program implemented by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). MIPS is part of the Quality Payment Program (QPP) established under the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA).
MIPS aims to incentivize mental health providers to deliver high-quality care by assessing their performance in these categories:
- Quality Measures: Monitor the quality of care provided to clients.
- Promoting Interoperability (formerly known as Meaningful Use): Focuses on using certified electronic health record (EHR) technology to improve client care.
- Improvement Activities: Encourages participation in activities that improve clinical practice.
- Cost: Evaluate the cost of care provided by clinicians.
PIMSY MIPS Certification
Mental health providers participating in MIPS earn positive or negative payment adjustments based on their performance in these categories. Providers meeting MIPS requirements who perform well in the program may be eligible for positive payment adjustments, while those who do not participate or perform poorly may face negative payment adjustments. MIPS aims to drive improvements in healthcare quality, cost-effectiveness, and interoperability.
PIMSY Electronic Health Record (EHR) offers extreme advantages to agencies participating in MIPS. Our software solution is fully HIPAA and MIPS-compliant, including achieving Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology ONC-Health IT 2015 Edition Health IT certification in December 2023. The certification affirms that PIMSY’s software delivers the required functionality to enable eligible professionals and agencies to meet the requirements of regulatory programs involving certified EHR technology. ONC-ACB designates these requirements per the applicable certification criteria the Secretary of Health and Human Services adopted.
- Centralized Information Storage: provide a centralized and digital repository for patient health records, including clinical notes, treatment plans, medication history, lab results, and other relevant information. A consolidated record helps mental health professionals access comprehensive and up-to-date client information.
- Improved Patient Care: facilitate better coordination of care among providers. Mental health professionals can easily share client information with other care team members, fostering a more integrated approach to patient care and an increase in patient engagement.
- Efficiency and Time Savings: streamline administrative tasks and reduce time spent on paperwork. Mental health professionals can quickly input and retrieve information, allowing them to focus more on client care. Automated features such as appointment scheduling and reminders also contribute to operational efficiency.
- Decision Support Tools: tools to assist mental health providers in making informed decisions about patient care that enhance the quality of treatment plans (i.e., alerts for potential drug interactions and treatment guidelines).
- Data Security and Privacy: prioritize the security and privacy of patient information. Access controls, encryption, and other security features help safeguard sensitive data, ensuring that only authorized individuals can access and modify patient records.
- Interoperability: facilitate interoperability by allowing data sharing between providers, labs, pharmacies, and other relevant entities.
- Remote Access and Telehealth Integration: support remote access, allowing mental health professionals to access patient information from different locations securely. PIMSY also supports telehealth, providing mental health services remotely while maintaining accurate and updated patient records.
- Billing and Reimbursement: features for billing and reimbursement, including claims submission and tracking of services rendered. This streamlines the billing process, reducing administrative burden and improving reimbursement accuracy.
- Analytics and Reporting: enable report generation and analytics on client outcomes and other relevant data. This information can assist in assessing the effectiveness of services, identifying areas for improvement, and making data-driven decisions.
- Compliance with Regulations: help healthcare providers comply with regulatory requirements outlined by government bodies like the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and agencies participating in programs like (MIPS).
Empowering Mental Health Care: PIMSY EHR and MIPS Compliance
The MIPS program plays a crucial role in shaping the future of mental health care. For mental health providers, embracing a powerful ally like PIMSY EHR ensures compliance with MIPS and other regulatory requirements and offers a comprehensive set of features that enhance client care, streamline operations, and contribute to the overall improvement of mental health services in your agency.
Want to see more? SCHEDULE A DEMO