Navigating the Healthcare Cloud
by Donna Koger, 6.27.18
Healthcare Industry Leaders are strongly urging Healthcare to move to the internet cloud. According to ClearDATA, “In the keynote for the most recent annual meeting of the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS), former Executive Chairman of Google and Alphabet Inc., Eric Schmidt, told attendees to neither crawl nor walk but run to the cloud to enable [security and] innovation.”
What is the internet cloud?
Cloud computing is computing based on the internet. In the past, people ran applications or programs from software downloaded onto a physical computer or server in their building. However, cloud computing allows people access to the same kinds of applications through the internet.
Why move to the cloud?
- Reduced IT costs. Moving to cloud computing may reduce the cost of managing and maintaining your IT systems.
- Scalability. Quickly and easily grow your business.
- Business continuity. Protect your PHI data and systems, which is part of your HIPAA compliance and value of a thorough security risk assessment.
- Collaboration efficiency. Share records and communicate more easily.
- Flexibility of work practices. Access data from different locations, such as home, on holiday, or during your commute to/from work.
- Access to automatic updates. Depending on your cloud provider, your system will be regularly updated with the most recent technology.
How do I move my healthcare business to the cloud?
Fortunately, PIMSY is already in the cloud. All of your PHI and other data are securely stored and backed up regularly to protect your business. Find out more here.